brandvolume.com | linkedin.com/in/francisgeorge
Durham, NC | (919) 886 2376 |
Senior-level Creative Services Manager, proven experience in driving revenue for multimedia organizations through digital marketing, strategy development and program excellence. A record of leading teams from concept development to flawless execution of emotionally involving, and strategically sound marketing programs that brings results across print/web/video. Extensive advertising agency and client side experience, including Apple and LexisNexis.
• Creative Direction
• Marketing Communications
• Art Direction
• Interactive Advertising
• Project and Portfolio Management
• B2B and B2C
• Adobe Creative Cloud
Brandvolume.com, Durham, NC Feb 2016-present
Self-employed freelance marketing, writing, art direction and web design.
LexisNexis, Raleigh, NC Jan 2015-Jan 2016
Senior Copywriter, Litigation
Head copywriter for interactive and digital content, social media, and corporate communications for Global 2000 company that makes technology tools used by law firms.
• Saved dept. over $14,000 in budget by supervising design and direction of creative for all print and interactive content due to staff shortage.
• Sustained a 5-8% increase in digital content click-through rate due to revamped creative.
• Collaborated with product marketing team to create brand guidelines for 7 products.
The Republik Advertising, Durham, NC 2001-2004, 2009-2014
• Managed creative team consisting of 2 art directors and 2 designers.
• Orchestrated all creative output of agency, transforming strategic direction into creative positioning and brand strategy while growing clients’ business and winning dozens of awards.
• Qualified and supervised all outside photographers, printers, illustrators, video producers, actors,
user experience designers, contractors, web designers, etc.
• Directed all copy messaging for all accounts and departments around brand strategy.
• Led agency’s new business team, secured dozens of invitations to pitch local companies, plus national clients such as Mercedes-Benz, Olympus, Gibson, and The Discovery Channel.
Apple Inc., Cupertino CA March 2006-Sept. 2006
Marketing Communications Producer,
• Collaborated with Founding Apple Retail team to design layout and fixtures for European stores.
• Worked with legal, creative and strategic teams to enforce brand’s verbal and visual guidelines.
• Collaborated with CompUSA Regional Directors to improve Apple channel marketing.
• Analyzed recurring direct marketing campaigns with Interactive team.
Customer Service/Trainer, New York, NY 2004-2008
• Served on mentor team responsible for training and orienting all new employees.
• Supervised / coached 63 new hires, for opening the 5th Ave. flagship store in Manhattan.
• Consistently #1 or in top 5% of Apple Genii’s sales metrics.
• Designed system that tests 24 iPods at a time, which was profiled for worldwide adoption.
• Taught advanced web development, art direction and design classes in theater.
Albanese + Lutzke, Plymouth, MI 2003-2008
Director of Marketing Consultant
• Worked with Principals to create a unified brand and visual image for the golf course designs worldwide
• Analyzed B2B market trends, consulted company on innovative ways to target new markets- Supervised photography, design, and writing for company’s print, collateral, and websites
Taproot Foundation, San Francisco, CA | New York, NY 2006-2008
• Led re-branding team that included an account director and two marketing managers for Contra Costa Ombudsman, a senior citizens’ advocacy near San Francisco.
• Developed new brand positioning and messaging strategy resulted in donations rising 25% from the previous year, and a 230% increase in volunteer retention.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT RESOURCES
TBWA | Chiat | Day | BBDO | DMBB, New York, NY 1999-2001
Consulted with ad agencies and clients nationwide on creative concepts and web development. Clients included AT&T, Coca Cola, and Hyatt Hotels.
Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners, New York, NY 1998-1999
Wrote radio and TV commercials for ad agency’s flagship clients, including Rockport, Target, and Liberty Mutual.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Journalism, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Post Graduate Certificate, Copywriting. Portfolio Center, Atlanta, GA
COMMUNITY | PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
Founder, Manager, Guitarist, Keyboardist, Voices Carry, 2011-2015, Durham, NC
• Play in rock and roll cover band, while managing all shows, contracts, merchandise
• Wrote and designed all social media and websites, while booking 2 shows every month.
Instructor for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, 2015, Durham, NC
• Led two classes focused on financial responsibility at local church.
• In one year, 25 attendees saved over $175,000 and paid off over $500,000 in debt.
Golf Instructor, Swingpals, Durham, NC, 2014
Volunteer as mentor and golf coach for children facing adversity in the community.
Guest Lecturer, Duke University Fuqua School of Business, Durham, NC, 2003
Reviewed and analyzed marketing roles with Duke MBA students.
Guest Lecturer, Creative Circus, Atlanta, GA., 2003
Held portfolio workshops with aspiring writers, designers, art directors, and photographers.
Guest Marketing Consultant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2001-2003.
Graded and critiqued upper-class advertising majors on their semester long marketing projects.