brandvolume.com | linkedin.com/in/francisgeorge
Durham, NC | (919) 886 2376 |
Senior-level Creative Director / Art Director / Copywriter with proven experience in driving revenue for multimedia organizations through digital marketing, strategy development and program excellence. A record of leading teams from concept development to execution of emotionally involving, and strategically sound marketing programs that brings results across print/web/video. Extensive advertising agency and client side experience, including Apple and LexisNexis.
– Creative Direction
– Marketing Communications
– Art Direction
– Interactive Advertising
– Project and Portfolio Management
– B2B and B2C
– Adobe Creative Cloud
Patent Forecast, Durham, NC Director of Creative & Marketing, Apr 2017 – present
– Created verbal and visual brand identity for a B2B software company in Durham, NC, including design of company logo, all writing, design and coding of company website and collateral
– Managed a team of content producers, resulting in over 30 paid monthly subscribers
– Directed all inside sales and business development initiatives, resulting in 400% increase in leads
LexisNexis, Raleigh, NC Jan 2015-Jan 2016
Senior Copywriter, Litigation
Head copywriter for interactive and digital content, social media, and corporate communications for Global 2000 company that makes technology tools used by law firms.
– Saved dept. over $14,000 in budget by supervising design and direction of creative for all print and interactive content due to staff shortage.
– Sustained a 5-8% increase in digital content click-through rate due to revamped creative.
– Collaborated with product marketing team to create brand guidelines for 7 products.
The Republik Advertising, Durham, NC Jun 2009 – Jul 2014 Creative Director / Senior Writer
– Orchestrated all creative output of agency, transforming strategic direction into creative positioning and brand strategy while growing clients’ business and winning over 55 local and regional awards
– Managed internal team of 2 art directors and 2 designers; qualified and supervised all outside photographers, printers, illustrators, video & web producers, actors, contractors, etc
Apple Inc., New York, NY, Cupertino and San Francisco, CA, Mar 2004 – Apr 2008
Mac Genius (Customer Service/Training) + Marketing Communications Producer
– Coached 63 new hires for opening the 5th Ave. flagship store in Manhattan
– Ranked in top 5% of all Apple Genii’s sales metrics
– Designed system that tests 24 iPods at a time, which Apple profiled for worldwide adoption
– Taught 3 classes in theater about Apple software and technology
– Teamed with 3 Apple Retail original founders to design layout and fixtures for European stores
– Collaborated with 12 CompUSA Regional Directors to improve Apple channel marketing – Analyzed 8 metrics across weekly direct marketing campaigns with Interactive team
Taproot Foundation, San Francisco, CA | New York, NY, Nov 2005 – Dec 2006
– Led re-branding team that included an account director and two marketing managers for Contra Costa Ombudsman, a senior citizens- advocacy near San Francisco.
– Developed new brand positioning and messaging strategy resulted in donations rising 25% from the previous year, and a 230% increase in volunteer retention.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Journalism, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Post Graduate Certificate, Copywriting. Portfolio Center, Atlanta, GA
COMMUNITY | PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
Founder, Manager, Guitarist, Keyboardist, Voices Carry, 2011-2015, Durham, NC
– Play in rock and roll cover band, while managing all shows, contracts, merchandise
– Wrote and designed all social media and websites, while booking 2 shows every month.
Instructor for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, 2015, Durham, NC
– Led two classes focused on financial responsibility at local church.
– In one year, 25 attendees saved over $175,000 and paid off over $500,000 in debt.